Dell Computer Corportation
Client: Metropolitan Nashville Development and Housing Agency
Location: Nashville, TN
Project: The highly skilled environmental team at Gobbell Hays Partners designed and oversaw the demolition and environmental clean-up of 150 acres to prepare for Dell Computer Corporation’s expansion into the Nashville (TN) market with a new construction near the Nashville International Airport. GHP served as local architectural representative for the innovative design and construction of a 361,000 square-foot office building and call center.
• The development of over 1,000,000 square feet for Dell’s Nashville campus
• Acceleration of design and construction to meet client production demands to be operational within a year
• The timely demolition of 26 structures including various buildings, a water tower, a boiler plant and residential houses
• Streamline coordination of on-going use of buildings with survey and demolition activities and relocation scheduling as needed for designing safety of occupants
• This project was carried out while allowing several of the remaining structures to be fully occupied and operational during demolition of other buildings.