Renovation for Olin Hall for Unit Operations Lab
Client: Vanderbilt University
Location: Nashville, TN
Project: Vanderbilt University enlisted the architectural design services of Gobbell Hays Partners for renovation of 4,200 square-feet of existing space and 1,500 square-feet of finish upgrade services for the Olin Hall building.
• Infill of existing slab opening in first floor to maximize usable floor area
• Design of Unit Operations teaching laboratory for the Department of Chemical Engineering on the first floor.
• Rough-ins for two future faculty research labs on the basement level that would impact work in the first floor lab.
• Upgrade of the existing finishes in the primary corridors and main lobby to include the lighting, ceiling, floor, and wall finishes.
• Improving compliance with Life-Safety codes and the upgrade of fire protection systems.